The music was awesome, the decor was simple and tasteful, and although I had several friends who were at the event there were over 2,000 guests in attendance and I just couldn't find them. I made a new friend while I was in line for a drink and we danced and socialized with other party guests and were just generally silly and having a good time. Being that registration ended at midnight I didn't have much time to enjoy the party, but I also didn't want to go home right away. Since I'm leaving Toronto in two weeks I've made a bit of a bucket list of places I've wanted to check out in a very short amount of time (stay tuned for that post). It's tough because I'm trying to save money in advance of my trip but I also want to have fun with friends I won't see for at least a year (unless they come visit me - hint...hint...!). K, my new friend from Motionball, her new gentleman acquaintance, and I met up with my friend and champagne brunch companion, B, at Vesta Lunch - a spot I always pass when I walk up Bathurst on the way to work and a place I've always wondered about a little! It's a tiny little diner run by a man from Seoul coincidentally and he assured me I am going to have an amazing time abroad. A milkshake and some good chats later we hailed a cab and headed down to Bathurst and Bloor (Toronto's Koreatown) for some late night good times.
BMB Karaoke was where I had my first Korean Norebang (Karaoke) experience. With private rooms I expected we'd be able to go in and rock out - no such luck. We got our private room, sure, but nearly everything was in Korean - a language I haven't quite mastered yet. We got all excited when we found "More than Words" in the songbook. It was one of just a few English songs, and really - Extreme is a go to Karaoke tune! Now that I've googled it I'm kind of into it, but last night I was just not down with expectations and reality not aligning, and we also couldn't get the effects off the mic (the reverb was INTENSE). By 4 am (yes, 4 am. WHAT?!) I was in a cab and heading home. A perfectly unexpectedly Korean night in Toronto. Seoul - I can't wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment